CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER – COO
To achieve our strategic objectives, we are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations from our HQ in Frederikshavn.
The key focus areas for the COO are:
- Manage, motivate and develop our Service Team of +100 professional and dedicated employees supported by 7 middle managers.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the company’s reputation as industry leader.
- Produce feasibility studies/business plans and development.
- Strong knowledge of onshore and offshore operations/project management.
- Conflict resolution
- Support and build strong customer relationships.
- Technical operations and other duties necessary to enhance the company’s financial and economical position.
We expect you to have following qualifications:
- Maritime experience from a similar job.
- Relevant economic understanding and solid experience with ensuring profit of the operations.
- Strong knowledge of diesel engines, gears and propellers.
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work well under pressure and the ability to make rapid decisions.
- The ability to find the right solutions for our customers and organisation.
- Knowledge of Dynamics Business Central is an advantage.
Your personal and professional skills:
- You thrive in an international environment.
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor.
- You have a structured and analytical mind.
- You are visionary and both strategic and practical oriented and enjoy creativity, long term thinking and see possibilities throughout the horizon.
- You have a high drive and level of energy.
- You communicate clearly and in an open way
- You are committed and have the ability to use this in your motivational work with the employees.
- You take pride in your job and are loyal to products/services.
- You are self-motivated, responsible and know your limits.
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company.
It is expected that the COO administrates his own working hours. Some travelling must be expected – approx. 10-20 days per year. You will be working together with our top management, as the COO is part of our management group.
We offer you:
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
- Salary matching your qualifications.
Do you want to join us?
Please submit your cover letter, CV and relevant attachments as soon as possible, but no later than 3 October 2022 via this link.
We will be assessing applications and candidates on an ongoing basis as we would like our new COO to start as soon as possible. But we will wait for the right candidate.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Executive Vice President Kristian K. Larsen, Tel. +45 2189 4528.
About VMS Group:
VMS Group covers a wide range of maritime services, and our core service is repair and maintenance of marine diesel engines. The vision of VMS Group is to be the internationally preferred partner of superior maritime solutions. Both at our subsidiaries in Brazil and Namibia, and at our HQ in Frederikshavn, we strive to create a positive working environment in which we care about our employees and support each individual in performing successfully.