Sales & Operations Planning Manager
The Sales and Operations Planning Manager leads and executes our sales and operations planning process. The purpose of this role is to improve the process, systems, tools and capabilities within the organization pertaining to Sales and Operations Planning.
What should I do?
Lead and facilitate the S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process to optimize the value chain relationships within company businesses to deliver value and provide transparency to the organization on constraints, opportunities, etc. The position is a permanent position with workplace in Frederikshavn or Copenhagen. The work will be solved across our locations in DK, and also in close collaboration with our global organization.
More specifically, your work tasks will consist of:
- Prepare monthly S&OP slide deck using cross functional inputs
- Facilitate S&OP meeting and collaborate cross-organizationally
- Research business issues to define risks and opportunities
- Develop dashboards to provide transparency and single source of truth across functional areas to ensure alignment and optimal results
- Identify root causes and opportunities to improve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Develop, implement, and maintain a demand forecasting model as well as review and calibrate demand (order and forecast) together with sales
- Provide transparent tactical plans and scenarios based on demand forecast as well as customer segmentation and analysis
- Manage S&OP activities that provide analysis which drive business decisions relative to improving service level, efficiency and customer service via streamlining processes and cost savings projects (Continuous Improvement)
- Design reports and processes that lead to simplification and enhanced business planning
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvement to continually enhance the S&OP process
- Establish seamless internal relationships with customer facing functions (Sales units, Engineering, Sourcing and Production) to ensure transparency through value chain for optimal business results
- Research business issues to identify potential problems that need to be raised to the S&OP community. This may include deep dive analysis of specific topic or area of concern.
- Work closely with purchasing teams on demand and inventory management execution.
Who am I?
We imagine that you have the following:
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, technical discipline or equivalent focus
- +5 years of Supply Chain planning experience gained through broad and deep experience in the field
- Comprehensive understanding of SAP ERP system process and key system functions related to demand planning, master scheduling and inventory management
- In depth experience running Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes
- Experience in influencing, developing and or motivating people from diverse backgrounds and differing backgrounds
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical, organization, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working level as well as executive levels
- Demonstrated deep business and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams and other analysts
- Strong communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- You are a good colleague who is team-oriented, flexible and contributes both professionally and in a good mood
- English language is mastered at business level, both orally and in writing
How is my new team / business area?
We design, develop, test and service 2-stroke diesel engines that use as little as possible
fuel and emits as few harmful particles as possible. The S&OP & Analytics team provides tools and analytics to optimize the supply chain and tactical plans to ensure the availability of our products to our customers
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarters in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto “Future in The Making”, because we, among other things. makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer?
In addition, we can offer you challenging work assignments, inspiring work environment and an extensive degree of interdisciplinary collaboration, both locally and across national borders. With us, there are high ceilings and lots of highly qualified and skilled colleagues who work in over 120 places around the world. We offer a competitive salary package with pension as well as a number of other offers, including includes: Helbredssikring, adgang til fysioterapi m.m.
- Massage scheme
- A wealth of staff clubs and associations that cover everything from sports to art
- Corporate discount schemes
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If the job sounds like something for you, then we look forward to hearing from you! You apply by clicking on “Apply for the position” and by attaching a motivated application, CV and relevant documents. The application deadline is September 30 2021. We hold regular interviews. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Head of Supply Chain Søren Raun on telephone 29118457. Further information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.