At VMS Group our employees are the key to fulfilling our vision to be the internationally preferred partner of superior maritime solutions. To support each individual in performing successfully with a service-minded approach to our customers, we strive to create a positive working environment in which we care about our employees, and we do our best to make work plans match the qualifications and everyday life of our employees. Having a global mindset as part of our strategy, we welcome and embrace all nationalities in our staff.
We are looking for skilled shipfitters to join our international set-up. You will participate in troubleshooting, overhaul and repair of mainly medium-speed engines on board multiple vessels. VMS Group is headquartered in Frederikshavn with subsidiaries in Brazil and Namibia, and our international service teams operate around the world.
- Experience from a similar job in maritime business.
- Strong knowledge of marine diesel engines, particularly medium-speed.
- Knowledge of, or a passion for learning automation, systems and electrical control.
- Strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and a flair for IT including MS Office.
Your personal qualifications:
- You are result driven and a self-starter.
- You thrive with responsibility, are able to act as foreman/supervisor and like to make decisions.
- You communicate and work well with colleagues and customers regardless of nationality.
- You keep up the good spirit, even when things get difficult.
- You are flexible in terms of working hours.
- You have a passion to solve problems with a service-minded attitude, even when things are difficult.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Salary matching your qualifications.
- Health insurance and canteen scheme.
How and when to apply:
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application ASAP and no later than 7 March by clicking here
If you need more information on the position, please contact Senior Project Manager Jesper Elliot Sørensen, Tel. +45 52130833.