Product Manager for legacy and obsolete products
Are you a structured Product Manager with a good technical understanding? Would you like to be a part of a team handling a large product portfolio sold to B2B customers worldwide? Then continue reading! We are looking for a Product Manager for our Spare Parts Products Management team for PrimeServ Denmark, working from either Copenhagen, Frederikshavn or Holeby.
What am I going to do?
In this position, your main focus is to manage the legacy market of our spare parts portfolio, covering a large and varied portfolio supporting engines that are upwards of 50 years old. You will be developing and executing on the strategy to market products that are in the final stages of the product lifecycle (PLC), ranging from maturing products to obsolete products.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Drive a project to develop the strategy for (spare) parts in the final stages of the product life-cycle, to ensure that we can service the legacy market
- Conduct market and customer analysis for legacy products
- Support the sales organization in selling products within your portfolio
- Create end-of-life programs as products progressively moves closer to obsolescence
- Work closely with supply chain, sourcing, R&D, data management, sales support and sales to ensure alignment for the products in the final stages of the PLC
This role requires that you are able to network and manage stakeholder relations in a large company. You will be responsible for developing processes, guidelines, rules etc. for your product portfolio and you will need to communicate and implement these in the organization. Some travel activity will be required, as you will be working with colleagues in both Frederikshavn, Holeby and Copenhagen. It is also necessary to present in all three Danish sites on a regular basis.
We are looking for a candidate who is structured, analytical and able to work with many stakeholders, preferably with a good technical understanding. You are a skilled Project Manager who is able to drive projects and meet deadlines. It will be an advantage if you have experience working with legacy products, end-of-life management or similar, though this is not a prerequisite.
Besides the above, we imagine that our new colleague:
- Have 3+ years of experience with supply chain management, product management, project management or a similar position, preferably in the B2B business
- Have experience from working in or closing with the supply chain function
- Have experience working with stakeholders from sourcing, supply chain and sales
- Have a proven track record with project management and stakeholder management
- Have a good commercial understanding
- Have experience with market analysis and data interpretation
- Have excellent networking and communication skills
- Are fluent in English
Your new team
MAN PrimeServ is a strong after sales and service business with an informal atmosphere where focus is on customers and performance. Being part of the MAN PrimeServ Denmark team, you will be servicing international customers mainly within the marine industry. The after sales organization is supported by more than 100 service hubs worldwide and we want to be the customers preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations to our customers.
You will be joining a diverse team of skilled and dedicated people, focusing on product management and claims management, working in an international environment. We have a professional approach to our work, while having a humorous and positive environment in the team.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto “Future in The Making”, because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Thursday the 8th of July 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Head of Product Management & Claims, Daniel Vengel Jensen by phone on +45 26 28 20 21. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.