Project Manager for Vendor Integration Program
At MAN ES we have initiated a Vendor Integration Program that is part of our strategic journey. The project is driven by the Sourcing- & Supply Chain departments and focuses on how we can strengthen our supplier collaboration to look at mutually beneficial process improvements that ultimately can benefit the customers of MAN ES. The program has been running for 2 years and the workload and travel activities require us to find a dedicated resource to drive the program forward.
The Project Manager for our Vendor Integration Program plays a vital role facilitating communication and business relationships with external vendors.
This position will be responsible to ensure that the Material Management function operates in a strategic and goal oriented manner by enabling the goals of the Vendor Integration Strategy.
Reporting to the Section Manager for the Material Management function your initial responsibilities include assisting the planning and development of 2019 Vendor Integration Program; after which, the responsibilities will breakdown as follows.
- Evaluate and engage potential suppliers using developed and agreed toolbox to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements towards the vendor.
- Operate as the central point of contact for the vendor into the Vendor Integration Program.
- As the central point of contact, manage communication to vendors and to facilitate understanding and awareness of organizational strategic direction, changes and challenges.
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics.
- Manage the interaction between vendors and global program leaders within MAN ES to provide adequate visibility of interdependent initiatives.
- Liaise with Supply Chain partners to review, report on and revise targets and agreements as necessary.
- Facilitation of workshops leading the vendor into the Vendor Integration Program philosophy.
- 30+ travel days should be expected.
- Ad hoc support to the Head of Material Management & Logistic Systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within Supply Chain Management
- Self-motivated multitasker and driven individual who works well in a dynamic environment
- Preferably experienced within project management and coordination. However, we are also open to graduates. Your motivation, stamina and attitude is our main focus.
- Experienced within Supply Chain and preferably possesses Technical flair/experience.
- You are a born initiator and have a great personal drive, which enables you to reach your targets on time. You also enter the role as team player and hereby engage your colleagues and other relevant parties in the process
- Your communication skills are excellent and you convey technical and information effortlessly both internally and externally
- English is mastered both verbally and written and you feel at home in an international organisation
- Knowledge of/experience in SAP/R3 is an advantage but not a condition
- Full data analytics support from our excellent Logistic Systems function
- Interesting and challenging assignments including technical consultancy and project management to our international vendors
- A job with many contacts – both within our local and global organisation
- Good development potential in a large international organisation
- Health insurance, pension scheme, flexible working hours
Location: Niels Juels Vej 15, 9900 Frederikshavn.
If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Section Manager Andreas Koch on tel. (+45) 3058 3251. Visit our website at www.man-es.com for further details of MAN Energy Solutions, and you will also be able to read about our history, products and more about what it is like being employed with our company.
Please apply for the position via the Apply link. Please contact HR Business Partner Marianne Koch Fischer on tel. (+45) 9620 4068 if you need guidance or have any questions regarding the recruiting process.
We look forward to receiving your application no later than 31. January 2019. However, interviews will be conducted continuously throughout the application period.
MAN Energy Solutions SE is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines, gas and steam turbines as well as compressors. The product range is completed by turbochargers, CP propellers, gas engines and engines for locomotives and chemical reactors. MAN Energy Solutions’ goods include marine propulsion systems and turbomachinery units. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services under the MAN PrimeServ brand.