Project manager with knowledge of high-speed engines
The vision of VMS Group is to be the internationally preferred partner of superior maritime solutions. We are expanding rapidly and to keep up with the market demands and achieve our strategic objectives, we are looking for a project manager for our high-speed team to strengthen our business.
Our project managers are part of our international set-up and play a key role in the execution of projects. They follow each project all the way – from the first customer contact and submission of quote through the definition of the tasks and cooperation details as well as choosing the crew for the project, to coordinating sub-tasks underway and handling crew and spare parts logistics. Our project managers manage, delegate and draw up guidelines on each project for our service engineers. They also invoice, write reports for the customer and follow up internally in relation to orders and quotes.
You must be highly flexible in terms of working hours, since overtime, evening and weekend work will occur. Service engineers working in the field will contact you occasionally by phone – even outside standard working hours. 10-20 travel days per year must be expected.
Your professional qualifications:
- A technical engineer education focusing on high-speed diesel engines such as Caterpillar, Scania, Volvo Penta and Cummins.
- +5 years’ practical experience in these diesel engines, mechanically and/or the engine software.
- Experienced project manager, foreman, supervisor or the like.
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You work well in stressful situations and you can make rapid decisions.
- You are a clever businessman who finds the right solution for both the customer and VMS Group.
Your personal qualifications:
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor.
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to challenges and opportunities.
- You have a high level of energy and take pride in your job.
- You communicate clearly and in an open way.
- You are attentive to detail, systematic and structured.
- You can deliver the final product to the full satisfaction of the customer, supplier and employees.
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company.
Your key to success:
Following projects from the beginning till the end and thus realizing budgets will be your key success factor.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
Salary and conditions of employment are negotiated according to qualifications. The job is based in Frederikshavn, Denmark.
For more information, please contact project manager Emil Skytte, tel. +45 9622 1112/+45 6023 6946. Emil Skytte is on vacation week 29 and 30.
ASAP – however, we have time to wait for the right match.
Closing date for applications:
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please submit your application no later than 23th of August.
Please submit your application and résumé by using this link.
VMS Group covers a wide range of competences, sales and service. We offer repair and maintenance of diesel engines, turbo chargers, gear, propeller, spare parts delivery, design and sales of engines, engineering and project management within the maritime industry, the offshore industry, power plants and wind industry.
VMS Group has service bases in Frederikshavn, Denmark, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and employ approx. 150 employees. More info: www.vms.dk.