PROJECT MANAGER WITH MARITIME EXPERIENCE
Key daily tasks
Our project managers are part of our international set-up and play a key role in the execution of projects. Our project managers follow each project all the way – from the first customer contact and submission of quote through the definition of the tasks and cooperation details as well as choosing the crew for the project, coordinating sub-tasks underway and handling crew and spare parts logistics.
Our project managers manage, delegate and draw up guidelines for our service engineers on each project.
They also invoice, write reports for the customer and follow up internally in relation to orders and quotes.
You must be highly flexible in terms of working hours. There will be periods with overtime, evening and weekend work. Service engineers working in the field will contact you occasionally by phone – even outside standard working hours. Some travelling must be expected – approx. 10-20 days per year. Following projects from the beginning till the end and thus realizing budgets will be your key success factor.
You have experience from similar business. You work systematically and have the ability to follow your tasks through from the first lead to a successful closure. You are co-operative, creative and have superb interpersonal skills. Maintaining and establishing good relations to customers and colleagues is a decisive factor to perform successfully.
By being adaptable and flexible to change, you feel comfortable working in an environment, which is sometimes hectic, and you see service as a top-priority in your working processes.
Your professional qualifications
- A technical education as engineer or equivalent
- + 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry
- International experience, for instance from stationing or as a key account manager
- You understand, speak and write English fluently
- You work well under pressure and are able to make rapid decisions
- You are a clever businessman who finds the right solution for both the customer and VMS Group
- Knowledge of diesel engines, gears and propellers is an advantage
- Knowledge of remote control and safety systems is an advantage
Your personal qualifications
- You thrive in an international environment
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to challenges and opportunities
- You communicate clearly and in an open way
- You are attentive to detail, systematic and structured
- You take pride in your job and are loyal to products/services
- You are self-motivated, responsible and know your limits
- You can deliver the final product to the full satisfaction of the customer, supplier and employees
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company
- Great colleagues with a professional mindset and an informal tone.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
- Salary and conditions according to qualifications.
How to apply
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application ASAP and no later than 5 December 2022. Starting date ASAP, but we have time to wait for the right candidate. Please submit your application and résumé by using this link.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Senior Project Manager Jesper Elliot Sørensen, Tel. +45 5213 0833.
About VMS Group
VMS Group covers a wide range of maritime services, and our core service is repair and maintenance of marine diesel engines. The vision of VMS Group is to be the internationally preferred partner of superior maritime solutions. Both at our subsidiaries in Brazil and Namibia, and at our HQ in Frederikshavn, we strive to create a positive working environment in which we care about our employees and support each individual in performing successfully.