The Retrofit & Upgrade department is a key business department in the aftersales division PrimeServ. The retrofit concept consists of a broad range of solutions applying the latest developments within diesel technology to engines in service, in the process of bringing them up to current standards, meeting modern emission levels and lowering running costs.
The Propulsion Sales Manager in the Retrofit & Upgrade department will be responsible for driving and securing the sales of solutions from our retrofit propulsion portfolio. The sales manager will work in close collaboration with the sales teams in the PrimeServ International Group Companies located around the world, as well as ensuring global market awareness of our retrofit solutions. MAN Energy Solutions’ retrofit portfolio consists of a broad range of products, all with the purpose of optimizing propulsion engines in operation. This means providing customers with solutions for lowering running costs, improving availability and meet modern emission legislations.
As Propulsion Sales Manager your main focus is:
- sales responsibility for our retrofit propulsion portfolio
- ensuring complete handover of sold projects to the Project Manager
- participation in exhibitions and seminars
- preparing launch and strategy for new products in collaboration with our Product Managers
- participation in planning of global sales strategies for existing as well as new products
- Input giver to R&D and Product Managers for new products and ideas.
- ensuring sales training of your colleagues in defined countries/regions
You should expect 40-60 travel days per year.
- We are looking for a person with extensive experience within sales, preferably from within the marine industry combined with a strong technical background. The candidate could be Marine engineer, mechanical engineer or similar.
- You are proactive, self-driven and have a structured and quality-oriented approach to your assignments. You are result-oriented, possess excellent networking skills and have the ability to interface at all levels in a dynamic environment. Furthermore, you have excellent English skills both orally and in writing.
Your new team
The retrofit & upgrade department consist of 60 employees working out of Frederikshavn, Holeby and Copenhagen. The retrofit propulsion team in Frederikshavn drives development, sales and execution of our four-stroke propulsion engine solutions. As a sales manager you will be part of a network of sales managers connected to our local sales teams located close to the customers in the regions.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Frederikshavn, Copenhagen and Holeby with more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto “Future in The Making”, because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Good canteen
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday 11th July 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Jacob Buur Trærup by phone on 33932888. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.